Mehmet A. Orhan
Professor of Management and Organizational Behavior
2021 – present: Associate Professor, EM Normandie Business School, France
2014 – 2022: Affiliated Profesor, Department of Psychology – FF, Charles University in Prague, Czechia
2017 – 2022: Honorary Faculty Member, The University of Liverpool Management School, UK
2018 – 2021: Associate Professor, Paris School of Business, France
2017 – 2019: Assistant Professor, Department of Media Studies – FSV, Charles University in Prague, Czechia
2014 – 2017: Affiliated Researcher, Reflective Practitioners Research Group, Tilburg University, the Netherlands
2012 – 2014: External Doctoral Researcher, Centre for Work and Organizational Psychology, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Belgium
PhD Organizational Psychology – Tilburg University, The Netherlands
EdM Education Policy, Organization & Leadership, University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, USA
MSc Management – Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Solvay Business School, Belgium
MBA Marketing & Finance – DePaul University Chicago, Kellstadt Graduate School of Business, USA
BSc Economics & Management – University of London, The London School of Economics, UK
2011 – 2012 – Financial Planning and Risk Manager – Electronic Arts CEE – Prague, Czechia
2007 – 2011 – Credit Risk Analyst / Process & Reporting Specialist EMEA – ExxonMobil European Downstream Treasury – Prague, Czechia
American Psychological Associations
Association for Psychological Science
International Association of Applied Psychology
Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology
European Association of Work and Organizational Psychology
British Psychological Society
Future of Work & Organizational Psychology
Social Psychology Network
Ongoing Research Projects
Currently, there are several research projects that combine different domains including social and organizational psychology.
- Orhan, M. A., Khelladi, I., Castellano, S., Singh, S. K. (2022). Work experience on algorithm-based platforms: The bright and dark sides of turking. Technological Forecasting and Social Change, 183, 121907.
- Delios, A., Clemente, E. G., Wu, T., …, Orhan, M. A.*, …, Uhlmann, E.L. (2022). Examining the generalizability of research findings from archival data. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, 119(30) e2120377119.
- Akkan, E., Canhilal, S. K., & Orhan, M. A. (2022). Fostering assigned expatriates’ innovativeness via culturally intelligent supervisors: a resource gain perspective. The International Journal of Human Resource Management.
- Orhan, M. A., & Bal, M. P., van Rossenberg, Y. (2022). Bringing I-O psychology to the public: But what if we have nothing to say?. SSRN Industrial & Organizational Psychology eJournal, 3(38).
- Orhan, M. A., & Collisson, B. (2022). Who said there’s no such thing as a free lunch? Customers’ dark triad traits predict abuse of food refund policies. Personality and Individual Differences, 190, 111527.
- Torres, S., Orhan, M. A. (2021). How it started, how it’s going: Why past research does not encompass to pandemic-induced remote work realities. PsyArxiv. Preprint doi: 10.31234/osf.io/5nyxp. [PDF].
- Partouche-Sebban, J., Rezaeevessal, S., Sorio, R., Castellano, S., Khelladi, I, & Orhan, M.A (2022). How death anxiety influences coping strategies during the COVID-19 pandemic: Investigating the role of spirituality, national identity, lockdown and trust. Journal of Marketing Management.
- Hobeika, J, Khelladi, I & Orhan, M. A. (2022). Analyzing the CSR perception from customer relationship quality perspective. An application to the retail banking sector. Corporate Social Responsibility and Environmental Management.
- Castellano, S., Chandavimol, K., Khelladi, I., Orhan, M. A. (2021). Impact of self-leadership and shared leadership on virtual R&D team performance. Journal of Business Research, 128, 578-586. [PDF to be added soon].
- Castellano, S., Khelladi, I, Sorio, R., Orhan, M., Kalisz, D. (2021). Exploring the microfoundations of nomadic dynamic capabilities: The example of flying winemakers. Technological Forecasting and Social Change, 163, 120445. [PDF to be added soon].
- Orhan, M. A., Castellano, S., Khelladi, I., Marinelli, L., Monge, F. (2021). Technology distraction at work: Impacts on self-regulation and work engagement. Journal of Business Research, 126, 341-349. [PDF to be added soon].
- Tierney, W., Ebersole, C.R., Hardy, J., …, Orhan, M. A.*, …, Uhlmann, E.L. (2021). A creative destruction approach to replication: Implicit work and sex morality. Journal of Experimental Social Psychology, 93, 104060. [PDF].
- Orhan, M. A. (2021). Dynamic interactionism between research fraud and research culture: A commentary to Harvey’s analysis. Quality in Higher Education, 27(1), 134-146. [PDF].
- Papa, A., Chierici, R., Ballestra, L. V., Meissner, D., Orhan, M. A. (2021). Harvesting reflective knowledge exchange for inbound open innovation in collaborative complex networks: An empirical verification in Europe. Journal of Knowledge Management, 25(4), 669-692. [PDF].
- Orhan, M. A., MacIlvaine, C. (2020). Examining digital brand experiences as a predictor of brand relationship quality and loyalty. International Journal of Marketing, Communication and New Media, 8, 46-64. [PDF].
- Orhan, M. A. (2020). Pardon my French: On superfluous journal rankings, incentives and impact on industrial-organizational psychology publication practices in French business schools. Industrial and Organizational Psychology, 13(3), 295-306. [PDF].
- Tierney, W., Hardy, J., Ebersole, C.R., …, Orhan, M. A.*, …, Uhlmann, E.L. (2020). Creative destruction in science. Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, 161, 291-309. [PDF].
- Orhan, M. A. (2017). The evolution of the virtuality phenomenon in organizations: A critical literature review. Entrepreneurial Business and Economics Review, 5(4), 171-188. [PDF].
- Orhan, M.A., Altili, E. (2017). When tasks get virtual: How task virtuality affects work behavior and innovative capabilities. Journal of Management and Innovation. 3(2), 1-26. [PDF].
- Orhan, M.A., Rijsman, J.B., van Dijk, G.M. (2016). Invisible, therefore isolated: Comparative effects of team virtuality with task virtuality on workplace isolation and work outcomes. Journal of Work and Organizational Psychology. 32(2), 109-122. [PDF].
- Orhan, M.A. (2015). Moving toward task virtuality in organizations. Prague, Czech Republic: ISBN: 978-80-260-9259-9. [PDF].
- Orhan, M.A. (2014). Extending the individual level of virtuality: Implications of task virtuality in virtual and traditional settings. Administrative Sciences, 4(4), 400-412. [PDF].
- Orhan, M.A. (2011). Linking fairness perceptions to turnover intentions in global shared service centers. Journal of Global Strategic Management, 5(2), 161-174. [PDF].
*Authorship credit granted for participating in the Forecasting Collaboration team.